Equipped kitchens: when is the best time to buy them?
You would think that a fitted kitchen will cost more or less the same all year round, and to some extent you would be right. However, despite the seemingly endless “Sales”, there are definitely better times to buy built-in kitchens.
The best time to buy kitchens is … when they want your business the most!
The entire UK built-in kitchen industry revolves around four ‘Sale’ periods as follows:
January – Winter sales begin on Boxing Day – must end on the last weekend of January
February: the winter offer magically extends until the end of February
March: no promotions. (Products must be displayed at “full” price for 28 days before receiving discount)
April – Spring sales begin – coincides with Easter and additional holiday “specials”
May: Spring sale magically extends to the end of May
June: no promotions. (Products must be displayed at “full” price for 28 days before receiving discount)
July – Summer sale begins – must end on the last weekend of June
August: The summer sale magically extends until the end of August (usually the August bank holiday weekend)
September: no promotions. (Products must be displayed at “full” price for 28 days before receiving discount)
October – Fall sales begin – must end on the last weekend of October
November – Fall offer magically extends to the end of November (to capture the last “attacks” before Christmas)
December: no promotions. (Products must be displayed at “full” price for 28 days before receiving discount)
Which brings us back to the next winter sale, which starts on December 26th.
It should be noted that December is the month in which most kitchen retailers increase their prices (between 3 and 4%).
So, armed with the above information, we can deduce when they most want our business and therefore … the best time to buy Built-In Kitchens.
- The first days of the sale (any sale): The sales manager will be desperate for the sale to get off to a good start and will offer additional “discounts above the sale”.
- The last weekend of the sale (any sale): The sales manager will be desperate to reach his turnover goal (his bonus will depend on it) and will direct his designers to accept agreements (any agreement) to achieve it.
- Holidays: generally offer additional discounts
These are all good times to buy, but if you want the best possible deal on your new kitchen …
Buy your kitchen in “No Sale” periods … because?
- The sales manager does not expect sales in a no-sale period (his advertising disappears)
- Your billing goal is much lower and you don’t expect to achieve it (no advertising = no leads)
- Your individual order can make your goal on its own (for him and an unexpected bonus!)
- It’s worth noting that although there are no “advertised” discounts, the sales manager can authorize whatever he wants (within reason).
That’s why we say that the best time to buy kitchens is … when they want your business the most!
And that moment is … when they don’t expect it to fall into their laps, and it leads to an unexpected bonus!
The best time of all is … two weeks before Christmas. When no one else is buying built-in kitchens!