The Overlight Series – Part 3 – The 12 Primary Life Lessons
We work to master 12 primary attributes of life in our experience as humans. With each life, we choose 1 primary life lesson to work on and continue to work on it in consecutive lives until we achieve “mastery” of that single attribute.
As you read through the list of lessons, you may recognize one or more of the attributes. These are life lessons that you have already mastered in this life or previous lives. There will be a blind spot in acknowledging your current main lesson. This is where an Overlight facilitator can help identify your main life lesson. All of these lessons can come your way in this lifetime, but it is usually the one that will have the greatest effect on your behaviors. It is like a student who chooses a major to focus on, but will also study other subjects.
1. Acceptance; Self-esteem, most often taken in a feminine form but not restricted to it. It is also described as self-sabotage, in which a person “will do everything right, but it still doesn’t seem to work.”
2. Accommodation; This is the ability to adapt to change. This lesson makes people go to great lengths to keep everything in their life in balance. They believe that to be successful they need to prevent everything from changing. They often find it difficult to make any decision that involves change. It doesn’t always seem to be a problem in their lives until they are faced with a drastic change and realize they are not ready for it.
3. Being; In this lesson, people believe that they are not complete and have the need to constantly add something to become complete. This can be food, relationships, alcohol or drugs. It can be an obsession of any kind, and it can easily and often does turn into an addiction.
4. Charities; Charity is walking in the constant awareness of connection with all things in all actions. It has been constructed to mean giving, but charity is not just the art of giving. Charity is in honoring the connection you have with all people in actions. When your actions honor all people, it is you who stands up. A person who works with the life lesson of charity has a blind spot when it comes to paying attention to the needs of others. They may seem selfish or just not caring.
5.Communication; From the heart. This lesson is more popular with men. Expressing your feelings and letting your needs be honestly known is very difficult. They may be prone to reverting to silence when tired or stressed. This lesson makes success in relationships very difficult.
6. Creation; Expressing Power. Working to master this lesson, the person cannot see their own creations or their ability to create. A belief in lack and sometimes perfectionism often provides the perfect excuse for a person not to believe for themselves. Mostly adopted in female form in our society, where the male has traditionally been the most supported to create. Add to this a lack of self-confidence and you have wives who often hide their creations from their spouses or create through their spouses giving the illusion that the spouse is the creator. If this relationship ends, the husband’s success often seems to fail without cause. Understanding the power one has to create is the key to mastering this lesson.
7. Definition; Express infidelity through limits. This is a very popular lesson for women. They convey emotional empathy. They tap into the emotions, thought patterns, and energy of others so easily that they often don’t realize it’s not their own energy they’re feeling. Your challenge in this lesson is to keep that energy from feeding back and draining you. Boundaries are the key factor in this life lesson.
8. Integrity; Walk in harmony with yourself. The four lines of integrity are what you speak, how you act, what you think, what you believe. If one or more of these lines do not match the others, the sent vibration becomes blurry and unclear. When a fuzzy signal is sent, a fuzzy result is returned in all of this person’s life experiences.
9. Love; Self love. People who experience this lesson can often give the impression of giving love to everyone and everything, sometimes just out of fear of being alone. A person working on this life lesson can often get caught in a cycle of fear. Fear that if they are left alone there will be no one to love them. The key to mastery in this lesson is the ability to love yourself.
10. Confidence; Trusting in oneself. This is an easy lesson to understand and difficult to master. These souls venture into scenarios that constantly reinforce that they cannot trust themselves. This lesson is usually set by one person, perhaps the abusing mother or father, so that the individual learns not to trust anyone. It gives them difficulty trusting themselves to take their own power. They don’t trust themselves enough to allow themselves to be vulnerable. Once this life lesson is mastered, these people are seen walking through life with an inner sense of direction. They trust themselves enough that they don’t need to know.
11. Truth; Personal responsibility. People going through this lesson will have a hard time discerning and standing firm on their own truth. Thus, the tendency will always be to adopt the truth of others as one’s own. They can fully see themselves through the eyes of others. They often become unable to be truly honest with themselves. They may outwardly tell lies and make excuses, instead of being honest about what is really going on in their life. Once you begin to take responsibility for your own reality, mastery of this life lesson will begin.
12. Grace; Walking in harmony with all things. This is the final step to mastery. This is a lesson that teaches that destiny is not important. It is the journey and the grace with which you experience this journey that is important. How often do you wake up and say, “I love my life, I can’t wait to see what this day brings”? This may seem like a simple positive thought, but it is much more. When you see yourself as a player in the “game” of life and allow yourself to play the game gracefully, mastering all the lessons becomes not only easier but even more enjoyable.